I combine my training and experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and as a Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Instructor to support people, especially those in the helping professions, who struggle with the symptoms of chronic stress and anxiety. I help them to achieve greater emotional, mental and physical well-being through the practices of Mindfulness and Meditation, which I teach in an accessible and sustainable way.
Social workers are trained to “meet people where they are.” I believe that this is a wise and effective way to connect with people in any situation and why I have chosen to offer Mindfulness and Meditation instruction in the most open and straightforward manner possible. My hope is to make these practices feel comfortable and accessible to people.
I teach techniques not traditions. This is, in no way, intended to minimize the many wisdom traditions from around the world in which these techniques have their roots. For many people, the teachings and rituals of these traditions provide great meaning and richness. For other people, however, these teachings and rituals are “not where they are” and can create a barrier to learning to practice Mindfulness and Meditation. By teaching the techniques from a wellness perspective grounded in a growing body of scientific research, people from any faith tradition or no faith tradition at all can feel comfortable learning.
Once students have an established practice as a foundation, they can grow, deepen or personalize their practice in any way that feels meaningful to them. I believe in supporting people where they are and in the ways that work best for them.
my hope and intention
It is my hope to help others find greater peace and wellness through the practice of Mindfulness and Meditation. It is my intention to share the benefits of my own journey and to support people, especially those in the helping professions, in better caring for themselves so that they may continue the important work of caring for others.
- I provide 1-on-1 instruction in Mindfulness and Meditation from a wellness perspective
- My background as both a Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Instructor and as an experienced LCSW equips me to understand and respond to the unique self-care needs of helping professionals
- I offer services in the workplace or via videoconferencing to accommodate your already busy and demanding schedule (no travel stress!)
- I have created a 4-week "Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation as Self-Care" curriculum designed especially for helping professionals
- I teach techniques - not traditions - which are grounded in science-backed benefits. This allows people from diverse backgrounds to feel comfortable learning and using the practices
- 4 weekly one-hour sessions are conveniently held at your workplace and are scheduled to accommodate the needs of the attendees - typically 4 - 6 people
- I offer presentations that are both educational and experiential which introduce groups to the basics of and the science behind practicing Mindfulness and Meditation for stress management and wellness
- My clinical background enables me to present on these topics to helping professionals with insight and understanding
- I create fully customized presentations that can be tailored to the unique needs of any group