Small Group Workplace Instruction
Maybe you’ve talked with coworkers about the need for better self-care or about wanting to learn to meditate to manage stress. This course will teach you and your colleagues the What, the Why and the How of practicing Mindfulness and Meditation for Self-Care.
In this 4-week course, I will give you compelling reasons and a straightforward “how-to” plan for moving from little to no self-care to an effective daily mindfulness-based self-care practice. I will demystify Mindfulness and Meditation and teach you techniques and practices to calm your mind and body and to settle your nervous system.
Each session will include:
- experiential practices and guided meditations
- group sharing
- The Biology of Stress
- The Impact of Chronic Stress on Well-being
- What is Mindfulness? What is Meditation? How do they help with stress?
- 3 Ingredients for Meditation
- 5 Essentials for practicing Meditation
- Research-backed benefits of Mindfulness and Meditation
- Mindful living practices and breathing techniques
- Setting yourself up for daily practice and better self-care
This shared experience will allow members of your group to support and encourage each other in your self-care practices. It is important for helping professionals to take good care of themselves, so that they can continue to do the important work of caring for others. I would love to help you and your colleagues build a mindful self-care practice at work!
You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf.
– Jon Kabat Zinn